RemoteXs has enabled all leading institutions (academic or research) in optimizing usage of the precious eResources and nurturing research interests of faculty and their students.
RemoteXs has an ability to provide secured access to scattered eResources of the institution, bringing them under one umbrella, along with subscribed eJournals, eBooks and all other eContent, that too anytime …from anywhere.
RemoteXs cost-effective cloud-based service model has enabled progressive libraries in creating their own Digital Library Portal with facilities to reach their target audiences in efficient manner.
RemoteXs is a Single-Window Platform to access all eResources
* Group-Based Access Control – User, User Group, Resource, Resource Group
* Extending the REACH while controlling the RISK
* Transparent Usage – Provide fair and unique insights on e-resources’ usage.
* IP Range Control (Example – Singapore IP ONLY)
* Download Limit (by DATA or PDF)
* Alert for ABNORMAL usage (Abusive Downloads)
* Standard Cloud Security (Firewall, Anti-Virus, 99.955 Uptime [AWS])
* KNOW the user (Who are they?)
* USAGE (WHAT, HOW are they using?) and how is it compare to others?
* Manage / Control download limit and faculty (user group) grant access to which resource group.
* Single ACCESS POINT, RXS come with CMS which allow library to setup a Resource Portal.
* SaaS – Low Cost Implementation.
* Ideal Solution for library consortium.
With fast expanding e-resources such as e-journals and e-books, we are subscribing to an easy-to-use RemoteXs to manage the resources in one platform and allo remote access to encourage much higher usage. RemoteXs has also helped our university users to access from different devices within and outside of campus.
Managing Librarian, Kanda University of International Studies, Chiba/Japan
"Extremely Useful "
RemoteXs is extremely helpful for students who stay outside of campus to assess our e-resources. We have seen a strong take-up in number of registered users via the RemoteXs, which helps to ramp up resource usage.
Jason Andrew Polko
Chief Librarian, Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
"Reliable and conveneint"
Increase in use of e-resources. Enhances service quality by providing this (facility) to users when not on campus, especially during their summer internships. This also helps the students in improving the quality of their summer work. User convenience has led to increase in satisfaction of library services.
Dr. H. Anil Kumar
Librarian and Head NICMAN, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
"Support services are excellent"
We are using Remote Access facility from Eclat. Our students and faculty are able to access our subscribed e-resources through this RemoteXs facility. Also students are using it during their summer internship when they are out of Ranchi.
Dr. Jayanta Kumar Tripathy
Librarian, Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi